Welcome back to The Whaler.Here’s how we’re ensuring a safe stay for everyone.
We are thrilled you’re planning to join us! Please know that as you return, your health and safety, as well as that of our employees, is of the highest importance to us. This is why our team is closely monitoring recommendations and requirements from the World Health Organization, the CDC, the American Hotel and Lodging Association’s Safe Stay Program, and local health authorities every day.
We’ve utilized these guidelines to create our own Safe Stay protocol, which we’ll continue to monitor and change as the situation evolves.
Here are just a few things you can expect during your stay at The Whaler:
- Optional curbside check-in: This and various other new protocols, including physical distancing, will be in place to promote the well-being and safety of our guests and staff.
- Masks: Our team members will be wearing masks—and gloves where appropriate—for your protection and theirs. As of July 1, 2020 Governor Brown is requiring masks to be worn in all indoor public places in the State of Oregon. Our local government is very concerned about the safety of its residents and has conditionally allowed hotels to operate. Following the Governor’s mask order while visiting our community will help ensure that our team is allowed to continue to work and that visitors can continue enjoying the beauty of the Oregon coast.
- Increased Disinfecting Protocols: Our Housekeeping Department is adding to their already high standards with further cleaning and disinfecting protocols in our rooms after each guest departs and before the next guest arrives. Particular attention is being paid to high-touch items.
- Daily Housekeeping Put on Pause: Per local requirements, housekeeping will not enter rooms during a stay for the health and safety of our guests and employees. While daily housekeeping has been eliminated, we are happy to provide any items you may need restocked or refreshed upon request.
- Our pool, spa tub, and fitness room are now open by appointment. Call our front desk to make a reservation during your stay!
Looking for more information on the AHLA’s Safe Stay protocols? Read the details here.