Yaquina Bay Lighthouse
The historic Yaquina Bay Lighthouse overlooks the Newport jetties and the mouth of Yaquina Bay. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, the lighthouse was built in 1871 and then quickly decommissioned in 1874 upon the completion of the Yaquina Head Lighthouse. It was restored in 1996, and its light now shines steadily from dusk until dawn as an aid to navigation. It is thought to be the oldest building in Newport.
The lighthouse is located in Yaquina Bay State Park, which sits at the north end of the Yaquina Bay Bridge. The lighthouse is open to the public most days of year. Hours vary depending on season, see yaquinalights.org for more information.