There are always interesting things to do in Newport. How about opera on a Saturday?
The Oregon Coast Council for the Arts presents the 2012-2013 Metropolitan Opera Live in HD at the Newport Performing Arts Center.
Plan a trip to Newport during the scheduled productions to see breathtaking live HD performances at the Met. Enjoy live interviews of opera stars, crews, production teams and behind the scenes of what goes on back stage. You will be captivated during the entire production.
- October 13: L’Elisir d’Amore (Donizetti) 10am-1:05pm
- November 17: Otello (Verdi) 10am-1:30pm
- November 24: The Tempest (Ades) 10am-1:30pm
- December 1: La Clemenza di Tito (Mozart) 10am-1:15 pm
- December 8: Un Ballo in Maschera (Verdi) 10am-2pm
- December 15: Aida (Verdi) 10am-2pm
- January 5: Les Troyens (Berlioz) 9am-2:45pm
- January 19: Maria Stuarada (Donizetti) 10am-1:15pm
- February 16: Rigoletto (Verdi) 10am-1:35pm
- March 16: Francesca di Rimini (Zandonai) 9am-1pm
- April 6: Parsifal (Wagner) 9am-2:45pm
- April 27: Giulio Cesare (Handel) 9am-1:35pm
For information and tickets, call the Newport Performing Arts Center Box Office at 541-265-2787 or 1-800-701-7123, or visit www.coastarts.org.
The Whaler Motel is located adjacent to the Newport Performing Arts Center.